Each season is essentially as follows:
Saturday rehearsals September-April. Retreat. Three Concerts. A performance at Abravanel Hall (NUYS). Volunteers needed for staffing audition day, hauling percussion equipment, planning parties, skit bags at retreat, photography.
For a year by year look at our orchestras and a vintage video, visit our Photo page.
- LBSS: Lake Bonneville Symphonic Society, 501(c)(3) non-profit organization
- NUYCO: Northern Utah Youth Chamber Orchestra, or "Chamber", our training orchestra for strings
- NUYS: Northern Utah Youth Symphony, or "Youth Symphony", our full orchestra including woodwinds, brass, percussion, and strings
Here are more details about the season:
- Concerto Auditions, mid-August, where a soloist for each concert is chosen
- Membership drive begins with late-August in-person auditions, with additional auditions ongoing by appointment or video submission (approximately 3 weeks until the first rehearsal). NUYS Audition information; NUYCO Audition information.
- Saturday morning rehearsals, mid-September through late-April, at Promontory School of Expeditionary Learning, 8:30 to 11:00 for NUYS, 9:45 to 11:15 for NUYCO
- Parent Orientation Meeting, online in the first few weeks, sign up to volunteer, learn more about Lake Bonneville Symphonic Society's mission
- Pay tuition for the year
- NUYCO Retreat, mid-October, Camp Earley Park, 24 hours of rehearsals, games, skits and awesomeness - attendance strongly advised! (Covid has changed this to a one-day activity)
- NUYS Retreat, late-October, Camp UTABA, 24 hours of rehearsals, games, skits and even more awesomeness - attendance, even in part, strongly advised! You'll miss 3 rehearsals if you don't participate! (Covid may change this somewhat)
- NUYS & NUYCO first concert, mid to late November, on a Saturday, matinee, usually at Ogden High School
- NUYS & NUYCO Christmas Party, after last rehearsal in December
- NUYS Recital Night, Brigham City Tabernacle, a Saturday in mid-January
- NUYS & NUYCO second concert, late February, on a Saturday, may be an afternoon or evening concert, in Cache County, most recently at Logan High School
- NUYS performs in the Youth Symphony Festival at Abravanel Hall, a Monday in early March, bus transportation provided, or you may come separately
- NUYCO Recital Night, Brigham City Tabernacle, a Saturday in mid-March
- NUYS & NUYCO final concert, a week-night before the last week of April at Box Elder High School