We have posted a supplemental video from the Audition Workshop. It's Eric Blanchard's breakout session and worth the 7 minutes - for string players too! Click here for the link.
This Saturday I need a parent (or parents) to be the hall monitor during auditions. You would be responsible for checking people in, handing out packets, and keeping things moving so I can be in the audition room.I have 7:20 am to noon covered, but would like someone else to cover 12:20 until 4 or 4:30 pm, (or) whenever auditions end. There will also be other adults in the hall. But I just need a person to smile, check people in, give them the packets, and encourage their efforts!The shift can also be split, so if you can only cover part of that, please let me know.
- Address & Map Link: Promontory School, 1051 W 2700 S, Perry UT 84302
- Come 20-30 minutes before your assigned time.
- Sign in at the table so our volunteermonitor knows youhave arrived.
- Take some time to go down the hall and warm up. Breathe. Music stands will be available.
- Arrive outside the audition room 1 or 2 minutes before your time... Be on deck!
- We expect (with thisyear'stime schedule) to run ON TIME- or even early!
- We usually have a few walk-ins, and with the more expanded time schedule, we should be able to work them in.
Can't remember for sure when you signed up? I won't be sending postcards this year, so double check the schedule and make changes as needed. If you are having trouble editing, just text or email me and I'll take care of it for you. Some people have adjusted their time, so there are a couple prime spots that have opened up again!
We really appreciate as many people as possible making the time to audition this week! However, we recognize that there are conflicts, especially with people who didn't know about the date change. We encourage you to contact us, and submit an "uncut" audition recording (audio or video) as soon as possible. Please upload to YouTube and set the privacy so only those with a link can view it, and then share the link with us. Be sure you have filled out the membership form. You can indicate in the comments that you can't make it to auditions and that you are sending a video link. Be sure to follow all the instructions on the NUYS Auditions page to cover all aspects of your audition requirements.
Concerto Auditions were held last Saturday. Our adjudicators were so impressed with everyone's audition. To quote one of them, "It is an honor and a pleasure to help with the auditions. Each time I have done so, it has restored my faith in our wonderful kids!" Congratulations to each performer! You are all amazing!
Our concerto performers this year will be:
- Tyler Morgan, String Bass, Bottesini, Concerto No 2 in A Minor, 2nd Movement, November 2018 Concert
- Allison Cook, Flute, Quantz, Concerto in G Major, 1st Movement, February 2019 Concert
- Ambree Burggraaf, Harp, Dittersdorf, Concerto in A Major, 1st Movement, April 2019 Concert