This is Julie, as usual. 435.723.8262, GJulieKay@gmail.com. If you can't be there this Saturday, email me. I will have some internet access and will forward your email to the right person.
I have a few things I want you to know! Some are reminders; others are new information. Please read to the bottom!
- Rehearsal is at 8:00 am this Saturday. That's a half hour earlier than usual, and I just know you can do it! Thanks for your extra time! :)
- Bring a treat to share at break. It can be a healthy snack. It doesn't have to be chocolate or sugar, although that is (admittedly) more fun!
- If you missed rehearsal last week, there is Christmas music for you in your instrument's file folder in the crate which I left at the school for you. Please pick it up even if you aren't participating in the special Christmas concert. We will likely add one of the pieces to the concert next Saturday.
- For the Browning Center concert on December 7th, we have just the next two Saturdays to collect the performer fee from each participant. PLEASE make your checks out to "Kids are MUSIC and DANCE" (not to the symphony!). Unfortunately, the performer fee has had an extra dollar added because of some kind of ticket fee from Weber State. Bummer. Anyway, it's $11 per person instead of $10. If you would like a longer explanation, I have posted the information on the blog from the lady who is organizing it. Click here to read it.
- We are taking a picture of the orchestra this Saturday (casual - just wear what you normally wear) for the papers. The press release has already gone out, and they are aware that the LYS photo is being submitted on Saturday.
- I will not be at rehearsal this Saturday, but Laurel Potter, our LYS Parent Representative on the board, will stop in around break and collect any performer fee checks you bring for the Christmas concert.
- FYI: The following week, Nov 21, rehearsal will be on stage at the Middle School auditorium, 18 South 500 E, Brigham City, at 8:00 am. The concert begins at 7:00 pm. Call time TBA.
Well, that's it! Have a great weekend, and thanks for all your dedication and commitment. You are wonderful!