Thanks for all your work and preparation for our concert. I have heard some fabulous comments and had great feedback. Any additional feedback or suggestions are welcome.
How did you feel about the lighting? I would love to do away with the spotlight and light the stage so we can see the conductor. That would be refreshing!
Anyone who has the article from the Standard Examiner, I would love a copy. Anyone in Tremonton, did the article appear in the Leader? If it did, could I have a copy of that too?And ladies, thanks for making your legs Black!
There will be CD's and DVD's available for purchase. They will have goth the March 1 and the Abravanel Hall concerts on them. I will find out prices ASAP. Prepaid orders only, please. There is no deadline. Orders will be filled as they are received. I will give you more details Saturday or Monday.
Remember to email me if you will not be coming to a rehearsal or you will be leaving early. I take roll every week!
The Youth Symphony Festival at Abravanel Hall is coming right up on Monday. If you lost your permission slip, or did not get one for some reason, there is one available for download on the website. Click here.
If you are interested in looking at the music inventory (this does not include the music in the cabinets we moved in December--it hasn't been inventoried yet, but it may become someone's Eagle project), there is also a download for that on the same page. I know Nathan S was asking about this. Click here.
Rehearsal will be normal time this Saturday, 8:00 a.m. for everyone.
Treats: Violas, Cellos, Bass! This will be James' last rehearsal, so let's make it good!
Last Week: March 1st, 2008
We polished our music, and had a great concert!
Upcoming dates and changes to remember:
March 10th, Abravanel Hall.
- Load the Bus at ACYI: 10:45 a.m. We will leave at 11:00 a.m. SHARP.
- Pick up other students in Farr West at the Melina's parking lot: 11:15 a.m.
- Arrive Abravanel Hall, Salt Lake City: 12:30 p.m.
- Please bring a sack lunch. Crossroads mall is closed and there are no nearby eating establishments. You may eat on the bus or outside when we arrive. We are not allowed to eat in Abravanel Hall.
- 1:00 to 2:30 p.m. Watch other orchestras perform.
- 2:30 p.m. We go to the Green Room to warm up.
- 3:00 p.m. We perform on stage.
- 3:30 p.m. We go up to the first tier for a picture. Bring $10 for an 8x10 picture; make checks out to Webster Photography.
- 4:00 p.m. Load the bus and head for home. We should leave Salt Lake by 4:30 p.m.
- 5:30 p.m. Arrive at Melina's parking lot, Farr West
- 6:00 p.m. Arrive at ACYI
- These times are always dependent on traffic and unforeseeable events, so we'll need to be flexible. Please have your parents come to pick you up a few minutes early just in case!
- There is room on the bus for cellos but not basses.
- This is not a "school excused absence" so we are leaving as late in the morning as possible so you won't miss too much school. If you need a letter to prove your proposed whereabouts, it is on the permission slip. You can download it here.
March 22nd, No Rehearsal, Easter Break.
March 29th, Regular Rehearsal, 8:00 a.m.
April 5, 12, 19, 26, Regular Rehearsals 8:00 a.m.
Dress Rehearsal TBA
Friday, May 2, Final Concert with LYCO, at BEHS, 7:00 p.m.