I sent this a few minutes ago, and it seems to have met with catastrophic failure! Rather frustrating... so, here goes another attempt. :)
Remember to email me if you will not be coming or you will be leaving early. You may not know it, but I take roll every week!
Gala Fundraiser: Friday, February 8th, 2008
Remember, you have two tickets each and you must treat them like money . Every ticket must be accounted for (or I'll get in trouble!), and all checks and cash that you have collected so far must be turned in at the next rehearsal. Final count needs to be in to the caterer one week ahead, so January 31st.
We have a menu! The Dutch oven dinner will be a choice of pork spare ribs or barbeque chicken, dutch oven potatoes, glazed carrots, salad, roll, and cobbler for dessert. It's going to be well worth it, and fun. So sell those tickets!
- For the LYS musician who sells the most tickets, there will be a $20 gift check to the store of your choice.
- Please email me with how many tickets you've sold.
- We can sell up to 200 tickets for the 6:00 dinner, and we've only handed out about 140, so I will have more tickets next Saturday.
- It's okay if you sell extra tickets - bring the money and I'll trade it for tickets - but if you've sold a whole bunch, let me know ahead of time!
- LYCO musicians are selling tickets too, and competing for their own $20 prize.
- I will keep a running total on the website, and we can see who the front runner is for the prize!
My mother-in-law will be donating a quilt - and maybe two quilts - who do you know that makes hand-crafted things?
We will need people to help set up, serve food, and clean up. Everyone is expected to participate in some way. Those who don't sign up at the next rehearsal will be contacted by telephone with an assignment.
The entertainment is important as well. Here are some details:
- It will be "background" music, so people will not be expected to stop visiting while you perform.
- It does not necessarily need to be classical. However, any entertainment must be cleared with me.
- I will need the name(s) of performer(s), approximate length of time, and the title/style of what you are doing so we can create a pleasant program with a nice flow.
- If you have another talent you would like to share, we ask that it be music oriented and that you keep it clean... NOTHING even REMOTELY off-color.
- This is a great opportunity to perform for a more casual audience. This can be solo & ensemble music, or simply a practice performance opportunity.
If you have ideas or questions or wish to be involved in a large or small way, please contact me GJulieKay@juno.com or our fabulous board member and Gala chairperson Tamera Terry firstname.lastname@example.org.
February 9th, Regular Rehearsal
February 16th, YES rehearsal. This is in exchange for the week off for UMEA. It's President's Day Weekend, and I'm sorry about that. Life can be tough sometimes! This is also a change from the original schedule.
March 1st, Dress Rehearsal, 8:00 a.m.
March 1st, Concert 7:00 pm at Box Elder HS Auditorium, tickets at the door: $1 for children up to 11 & seniors; $2 for ages 12 & up.
March 10th, Abravanel Hall. I will give you more Information as I receive it.
Our Next Rehearsal: January 26th, 2008
Sell tickets. Bring money!