21 September 2018
1. I can accept membership forms tomorrow - Acceptance, Release and Payment forms, Retreat Permission slips, and payments via check or cash. If you are planning to use a card, you'll have to wait until the 29th. But the more forms and payments we collect tomorrow, the easier our registration will be during the parent meeting next week. If you didn't get the packet with all the forms, click here for access to the digital copy, or ask me for one tomorrow!2. Mr Dunn will be largely absent from rehearsal tomorrow due to the funeral of his brother-in-law, which was not planned until today. Our guest conductor will be Dr Eric Blanchard. I think you will enjoy his style! He's a great musician.3. We will be opening tomorrow's rehearsal with one hour of sectionals. Locations will be posted on the outside door as you walk in tomorrow morning.4. Goals for tomorrow's sectionals: watch for another email tonight! The plan is to split up the strings for that first hour. If you are a principal string player, let me know asap if you are not available tomorrow.5. As a follow up to Monday's email, the parties in the accident in the parking lot have been able to communicate with each other. Honesty is a great thing!6. Use the Attendance form below if you will be absent, arriving late, or leaving early. It streamlines setup to know who will not be there! For filling out the form, there is no deadline. If you wake up sick, you can still fill it out then.
17 September 2018
Last weekend in the symphony parking lot someone backed into the back of my car while I was in it. I waited for them to get out, because I couldn't park or I would have rocked back into their car, but they just sped off. I think the damage is minimal and I am planning on going to get it checked, but I would like to get this worked out "in house."I know the license plate number and I don't want to make a big deal of it but I would like to have them pay for any damage.
14 September 2018
06 September 2018
02 September 2018
01 September 2018
Sarah Francis is a senior at Ogden High School. She is so excited for this new NUYS year to start. We couldn't be more pleased to introduce her as our 2018-19 concertmaster.
Recruit French Horns and Trombones! and Violas! (etc)The roster is not yet in seating order. There are still a few auditions coming in, so we have chosen to leave it as is, and just sort it in alphabetical order by first name. There are a few provisional acceptances, but we have chosen to put them on the roster and contact them separately with any concerns. If you do not receive a separate communique from me, you are in the clear. *** This list was updated 9/17/2018 to reflect the current roster. ***
Abby Quintana, CelloAbby Scott, TrumpetAbigail Blanchard, ViolinAleesa Barker, ViolaAlex Corrington, CelloAlexis Jensen, OboeAllison Cook, FluteAlly Bruner, CelloAmbree Burggraaf, HarpAmelia Merkley, ViolinAndrew Goodworth, ViolinAnjali Edwards, ViolinAnna Blanchard, ViolinAnna Rupper, French HornAnnemieke Jensen, ViolinAnya Kay, PercussionAshley Montgomery, ClarinetAyanna Briggs, ClarinetBailey Connell, CelloBen Woodland, ViolinBethany Christensen, ViolinBraden Petersen, CelloBrielle Webb, CelloBrinley Billings, VIolaCambria Farr, Clarinet
Camilla Burnett, FluteCarter Johnson, ViolaCassie Smith, ViolinConner Mickelsen, CelloDallin Murrow, CelloDane Jensen, ViolaDavid Kobe, Cello
Dawson Pitcher, Trombone
Daxton Stam, BassEleanor Nelson, OboeEliza Correa, Cello, FluteEliziabeth Black, ViolinEmma Tracy, CelloEmmaLee Folsom, ViolaErik Petersen, ViolaErin Blanchard, ViolinGrant Christensen, Violin
Hailee Dubovik, Cello
Hannah Harding, OboeHannah Meeks, ViolinHannah Peterson, CelloJacee Taylor, ViolaJackson Neslen, ViolinJacob Rockwood, TrumpetJayme Mylott, CelloJeremy Gerritsen, ViolinJocinda Hales, ViolinJordan Neslen, ViolinJoshua Ahlstrom, French Horn
Kaitlyn Farr, FluteKaterina Mayerle, ViolinKena Littlefield, CelloKitsel Lusted, TrumpetLandyn Hinojosa, ViolinLena Poulos, ViolinLoni Funk, TubaMaggie White, CelloMeaghan Hankins, ViolinNatalie Navarro, ViolinNatalie Nef, ViolinNathan Goodworth, CelloNikei Bowen, CelloOlivia Jensen, CelloOlivia Johnsen, ViolinQuin Powell, ViolinRebecca Baysinger, TromboneRebecca Hales , ViolinSam Leake, CelloSamantha Howell, CelloSamuel Fowler, ViolinSarah Francis, ViolinSarah Jeppson, ViolinSarah Rockwood, Violin
Shannon Blume, CelloStephen Hales, ViolinSydney Neslen, ViolinTalmage Kay, ViolaTyler Morgan, BassZoie Horsley, Violin
31 August 2018
25 August 2018
- Return September 15 for our first rehearsal; arrive early to help set up and get warmed up for rehearsal (which runs 8:30-11:00 am).
- Plan to attend the Parent Meeting with your parents (student attendance encouraged but not required). It will be right after the first rehearsal, Sept 29, 11:15-12:00.
- Post the Calendar on the fridge, and subscribe to it on Google Calendar(updated regularly). As our calendar is subject to change, we recommend you check our online calendar regularly.
- Read Membership Info, Rules & Policies. Pay special attention to ways you might volunteer. Our Musical Community relies on kind folks' volunteer effort.
- Fill out the Acceptance, Release & Payment Form to be collected, with tuition, at the Parent Meeting.
- Fill out the Retreat Permission Form (even if you are unsure of your participation) to be collected at the Parent Meeting.
22 August 2018
We have posted a supplemental video from the Audition Workshop. It's Eric Blanchard's breakout session and worth the 7 minutes - for string players too! Click here for the link.
This Saturday I need a parent (or parents) to be the hall monitor during auditions. You would be responsible for checking people in, handing out packets, and keeping things moving so I can be in the audition room.I have 7:20 am to noon covered, but would like someone else to cover 12:20 until 4 or 4:30 pm, (or) whenever auditions end. There will also be other adults in the hall. But I just need a person to smile, check people in, give them the packets, and encourage their efforts!The shift can also be split, so if you can only cover part of that, please let me know.
- Address & Map Link: Promontory School, 1051 W 2700 S, Perry UT 84302
- Come 20-30 minutes before your assigned time.
- Sign in at the table so our volunteermonitor knows youhave arrived.
- Take some time to go down the hall and warm up. Breathe. Music stands will be available.
- Arrive outside the audition room 1 or 2 minutes before your time... Be on deck!
- We expect (with thisyear'stime schedule) to run ON TIME- or even early!
- We usually have a few walk-ins, and with the more expanded time schedule, we should be able to work them in.
Can't remember for sure when you signed up? I won't be sending postcards this year, so double check the schedule and make changes as needed. If you are having trouble editing, just text or email me and I'll take care of it for you. Some people have adjusted their time, so there are a couple prime spots that have opened up again!
We really appreciate as many people as possible making the time to audition this week! However, we recognize that there are conflicts, especially with people who didn't know about the date change. We encourage you to contact us, and submit an "uncut" audition recording (audio or video) as soon as possible. Please upload to YouTube and set the privacy so only those with a link can view it, and then share the link with us. Be sure you have filled out the membership form. You can indicate in the comments that you can't make it to auditions and that you are sending a video link. Be sure to follow all the instructions on the NUYS Auditions page to cover all aspects of your audition requirements.
Concerto Auditions were held last Saturday. Our adjudicators were so impressed with everyone's audition. To quote one of them, "It is an honor and a pleasure to help with the auditions. Each time I have done so, it has restored my faith in our wonderful kids!" Congratulations to each performer! You are all amazing!
- Tyler Morgan, String Bass, Bottesini, Concerto No 2 in A Minor, 2nd Movement, November 2018 Concert
- Allison Cook, Flute, Quantz, Concerto in G Major, 1st Movement, February 2019 Concert
- Ambree Burggraaf, Harp, Dittersdorf, Concerto in A Major, 1st Movement, April 2019 Concert
21 August 2018
15 August 2018
13 August 2018
02 August 2018
For planning purposes, we would love to know what your plans are for the audition workshop next week. Here are the details.
When: Wednesday, August 8, 2018, 5:30 pm
Where: Promontory School of Expeditionary Learning, 1051 W 2700 S, Perry, UT 84302
What: An audition workshop for anyone with auditions in their future, whether or not they are auditioning specifically for the Northern Utah Youth Symphony
For more info, here is the link to the original email
Julie Gardner, Manager
Conrad Dunn, Music Director
|Create your own Google Form|
12 July 2018
Set aside Wednesday, August 8th, at 5:30 pm at Promontory School. Bring a treat to share during break! If you forget to do that, come anyway!
Thanks everyone! Happy Summer! ~ Julie
08 June 2018
05 June 2018
20 May 2018
Get Ready For Our Annual Northern Utah Youth Symphony
At the Rotary Constitution Park
On June 9 from 1:00 to 3:00 pm
If your last name begins with A-L,
please bring a side dish.
If your last name begins with M-Z,
please bring a dessert.
We will provide everything else for lunch.
Then we'll have fun and games!