This is what I wrote last week, but never sent [sheepish grin]:
Details for Monday:
Abravanel Hall permission slips: all who return them by Saturday, Feb 25th, will receive a slice of fresh homemade bread! That's this coming Saturday. [Bravo to everyone who remembered to bring those permission slips even without the reminder email! -- the bread was good, eh?]
Concert Dress is LYS Formal Concert Attire. Click here if you can't remember. Black socks & bow ties, K? ;)The bus will be at the scheduled locations at the scheduled times. Garrett, Kjersti, Krystal, Liana, and Chauncey all need to bring their permission slips to get on the bus. There will be two chaperones getting on at ACYI, and two more getting on at Riverdale. Thank you for your willingness and availability! You are AWESOME!Seating: We will be sitting in row 9, putting small cases in row 8, and putting large cases in row 31. Please be sure to keep cases in the seats, not on the floors. The fire people are happy when we follow rules, and we'll certainly want to be able to clear the building if there is an emergency! If you are meeting us there, please meet us in row 9! :)Always, ALWAYS, be an excellent audience for the other performances. (please!)You may want to make a note of my cell number: 435 740 4335. I will have it with me!
- 6:15 a.m. Load the Bus and leave ACYI
- 6:30-6:40 a.m. Pick up students in Farr West at the Park & Ride
- 6:45-6:55 a.m. Pick up students in Riverdale at the Park & Ride on the east side of the freeway north of 5600 S
- 7:30-7:45 a.m. Arrive Abravanel Hall, Salt Lake City: Please bring a sack lunch and any snacks you will need to get you through the entire morning. There are no nearby eating establishments. You may eat on the bus or in the lobby of Abravanel Hall before we head north again.
- 8:00 a.m. Granite Jr Youth Symphony and Jordan Youth Symphony performances
- 9:00 a.m. Warm Up in the Green Room
- 9:30 a.m. Lincoln Youth Symphony performance!!!
- 10:00 a.m. Group picture on the grand staircase. Bring $15 for an 8x10 picture. Make checks payable to Patrick Webster.
- 10:30 a.m. Utah Valley Youth Philharmonia, Timpanogos Chamber Orchestra, Jordan/Canyons Symphony Orchestra performances
- 12:00 p.m. Load the bus and head for home. We will leave Salt Lake at about 12:15 p.m.
- 1:00 p.m. Arrive at Riverdale Park & Ride
- 1:20 p.m. Arrive at Farr West Park & Ride
- 1:40 p.m. Arrive at ACYI
- These times are dependent on traffic and unforeseeable events, so we'll need to be flexible. Parents, please come to pick up your musician a few minutes early just in case!
- There is room on the bus for cellos and probably basses… We've seen them fit before!
- Each musician is very important to our performance. Since this is not technically a school-sponsored activity, their time off from school will need to be arranged on an individual basis. Please use the note below or as me for a full size version if it helps!