This is Julie Gardner, Managing Director of Lincoln Youth Symphony. For previous emails (or to read this one in another location), see the Lincoln Youth Symphony Blog, our Weekly Rehearsal Report, here.
Important Announcement about the Extra Rehearsal, Thursday April 23rd:
- Location Change: Box Elder High School Band Room
- Time Change: 5:00 to 7:00 pm. We will be combining with LYCO for our one and only rehearsal together from 5:00 to 5:30, and then running our pieces to prepare for the concert the next night. Thanks for working with us on this time change. Please make every effort to be at this rehearsal. It is very important!
A big welcome to Courtney McDonald who has come to play percussion for us! Awesome!The treats people brought were so fun! Thanks for your participation. I know it's never easy to give your Saturday Mornings to LYS, but it also takes a special group of committed musicians to make it work, and you are those people! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your commitment and time and practicing and laughter. You are what makes LYS a great place to be on Saturday Mornings.
Remember: No Rehearsal on April 11th for Spring Break. Isn't the liquid sunshine lovely?
Now it's time to practice, listen to recordings (see this post on the blog for Youtube links - but ignore the Grieg Hall of the Mountain King), and practice some more.
Rehearsal schedule for Saturday, April 18th:
We will begin our rehearsal at 8:00 a.m. Call time is 7:45 a.m. Thank you for being on time! It will, once again, begin with a short sectional. Please come prepared with trouble spots that you are concerned about so we can make the most of each other's time.
Keep practicing the following:We will hand out a very easy piece called Cowboy Rhapsody that we will play combined with LYCO at the end of the concert. It will be fun, and since it is easy we'll be able to play very well. Having LYCO on the stage with us will be a nice ending to the year!
- Intermission - 10 Minutes
- Lord of the Dance
- Dvorak Scherzo (third movement)
Upcoming Calendar Reminders:
- No Rehearsal for Spring Break: Saturday, April 11th
- Very Very Very Important Rehearsal: Saturday, April 18th, 8:00 to 11:00, Call time 7:45 am (note earlier time)
- Another Important Extra Rehearsal: Thursday, April 23rd from 5-7 p.m. Call time 4:45 pm, BEHS Band Room (note time & location change)
- Spring Concert: Friday, April 24th at 7:00 p.m. Call time 6:15, BEHS
Just one more reminder: if you will not be attending a rehearsal, or will be leaving early or coming late, please contact me at 435.723.8262 or reply to this email. Thank you in advance for your courtesy!
Please contact me with any questions: Julie Gardner, 435.723.8262, or check out the calendar on the website here.