Remember to email me if you will not be coming or you will be leaving early. You may not know it, but I take roll every week!
There is also new information below about Abravanel Hall under "upcoming dates."
It's a mystery! I am missing a stand. I brought 6 Manhasset music stands to the dinner last Friday and only came home with 5. Any information towards finding that missing stand would be greatly appreciated. It has at least Gardner on it (it may have one of my kids' names on it), under the lip of the desk (you'll see the name if you turn it upside down). :) Julie
Gala Fundraiser: Friday, February 8th, 2008
The Fundraiser was a fabulous success. Thanks to all who solicited auction & door prize items, set up, served, cleaned up, decorated, entertained, bought raffle tickets and auction items, sold dinner tickets, etc., etc. We raised over $2900 that night... Not bad for a first try!
We welcome any and all suggestions to improve on what we did for next year. I vote that the entertainers and other helpers get their dinner free next year!
We'd like to thank all those who donated auction items and certificates, as well as door prizes. The list is long, and in no particular order.
Drewe's Floral, LaVon Petersen, Classical Strings, Valerie Neslen, Murphy's Appliance, Golden Spike, Irma Bennett, Lynn Curland, Bert's Cafe, Hunan Village, Dominoes, Haircutters Salon, KFC, The Hole, Dixie Grill, Peach City, Taco Time, Salon 89, Yogurt Factory, Brigham Floral, Bella's, Chuck Sharp, Mansfield Architectural Services, Gayle Mansfield, Papa Murphy's, Wingers, Diane Austin, Arby's, and La-Z-Boy
March 1st, Dress Rehearsal, 8:00 a.m.
March 1st, Concert 7:00 pm at Box Elder HS Auditorium, tickets at the door: $1 for children up to 11 & seniors; $2 for ages 12 & up. Call time: 6:30 p.m. Please come help set up the stage.
March 10th, Abravanel Hall.
- Load the Bus at ACYI: 10:45 a.m.
- Pick up other students in Farr West at the Melina's parking lot: 11:15 a.m.
- Arrive Abravanel Hall, Salt Lake City: 12:30 p.m.
- Please bring a sack lunch. Crossroads mall is closed and there are no nearby eating establishments. You may eat on the bus or outside when we arrive. We are not allowed to eat in Abravanel Hall.
- 1:00 to 2:30 p.m. Watch other orchestras perform.
- 2:30 p.m. We go to the Green Room to warm up.
- 3:00 p.m. We perform on stage.
- 3:30 p.m. We go up to the first tier for a picture. Bring $10 for an 8x10 picture; make checks out to Webster Photography.
- 4:00 p.m. Load the bus and head for home. We should leave Salt Lake by 4:30 p.m.
- 5:30 p.m. Arrive at Melina's parking lot, Farr West
- 6:00 p.m. Arrive at ACYI
- These times are always dependent on traffic and unforeseeable events, so we'll need to be flexible. Please have your parents come to pick you up a few minutes early just in case!
- There is room on the bus for cellos but not basses.
- This is not a "school excused absence" so we are leaving as late in the morning as possible so you won't miss too much school. If you need a letter to prove your proposed whereabouts, let me know.
Normal time, 8:00 a.m. for everyone.
Treats: Winds Brass Percussion.
Our Last Rehearsal: February 8th, 2008