Remember to email me if you will not be coming or you will be leaving early. You may not know it, but I take roll every week!
I once again included the information about Abravanel Hall under "upcoming dates" below.
Amy, please pass this on to LYCO as well: It's a mystery! I am missing a stand. I brought 6 Manhasset music stands to the dinner last Friday and only came home with 5. The missing stand has at least Gardner on it (it may have one of my kids' names as well), under the lip of the desk (you'll see the name if you turn it upside down). :) Julie
Normal time, 8:00 a.m. for everyone. I will be handing out permission slips for Abravanel Hall.
All you Weber High students who are headed to Disneyland, have fun. And Practice!
Everyone who can possibly be there needs to come. After this Saturday we have only the dress rehearsal before the March 1 concert. And Practice!
Treats: 1st Violins. I heard them talking, so I think it'll be good!
Last Week: February 16th, 2008
Upcoming dates and changes to remember:
March 1st, Dress Rehearsal, 8:00 a.m.
March 1st, Concert 7:00 pm at Box Elder HS Auditorium, tickets at the door: $1 for children up to 11 & seniors; $2 for ages 12 & up. Call time: 6:30 p.m. Please come help set up the stage.
March 10th, Abravanel Hall.
- Load the Bus at ACYI: 10:45 a.m.
- Pick up other students in Farr West at the Melina's parking lot: 11:15 a.m.
- Arrive Abravanel Hall, Salt Lake City: 12:30 p.m.
- Please bring a sack lunch. Crossroads mall is closed and there are no nearby eating establishments. You may eat on the bus or outside when we arrive. We are not allowed to eat in Abravanel Hall.
- 1:00 to 2:30 p.m. Watch other orchestras perform.
- 2:30 p.m. We go to the Green Room to warm up.
- 3:00 p.m. We perform on stage.
- 3:30 p.m. We go up to the first tier for a picture. Bring $10 for an 8x10 picture; make checks out to Webster Photography.
- 4:00 p.m. Load the bus and head for home. We should leave Salt Lake by 4:30 p.m.
- 5:30 p.m. Arrive at Melina's parking lot, Farr West
- 6:00 p.m. Arrive at ACYI
- These times are always dependent on traffic and unforeseeable events, so we'll need to be flexible. Please have your parents come to pick you up a few minutes early just in case!
- There is room on the bus for cellos but not basses.
- This is not a "school excused absence" so we are leaving as late in the morning as possible so you won't miss too much school. If you need a letter to prove your proposed whereabouts, let me know.