It looks like I put the wrong date on last week's Saturday Report. It should have said Feb 16th, so now there are two that say Feb 23rd. Oh well. Such is life.
Remember to email me if you will not be coming or you will be leaving early. I take roll every week!
Strings: Practice the Tchaikovsky with your bow and a metronome. Get it tight, get the pitches right. Don't practice with pizzicato until you can nail it with arco.
Ed: Practice the Tchaikovsky. Please. :) (That really goes for everyone!)
Mozart People: It's Mozart! Bowing should be off the string, rhythms precise. His music is deceivingly simple, and it takes maturity to play it well. The audience may be listening to the soloist, but that does not preclude us from playing with style. Same goes for the Corelli.
I'm so picky! How annoying of me. :)
Rehearsal will be normal time, 8:00 a.m. for everyone.
This is our final rehearsal for our concert on Saturday Night.
Concert call time: 6:30 BEHS. Come help set up the stage. Admission defrays the cost of the hall: $2 for 12 and up, $1 for children 11 and under & seniors.
Black nylons: Girls! Ladies! Your concert dress needs to include Black stockings, not nude, not tan, not skin color. Black is the color for your legs. Black. Okay? Black skirt. Black blouse. Black dress. Black shoes. Black slacks. Black nylons.
Treats: 2nd violins, and 1st violins too, if they want to redeem themselves!
If you get the Standard Examiner and don't want to keep the article they printed, please save a copy for me. We don't get that paper. There may also be an article in the Box Elder News Journal and the Tremonton Leader. (I don't know if I made the deadlines or not, but I tried!)
Last Week: February 23rd, 2008
Shall we shame the First Violins publicly or give them another chance? ;)
Here's hoping the Weber High Disneyland tour was exciting, and that those away for auditions had a successful experience.
I handed out permission slips for Abravanel Hall. I'm getting excited for the Youth Symphony Festival and hope you are too! If you weren't there last week, I have a permission slip for you with your name on it. I'll give it to you on Saturday.
Upcoming dates and changes to remember:
March 1st, Dress Rehearsal, 8:00 a.m.
March 1st, Concert 7:00 pm at Box Elder HS Auditorium, tickets at the door: $1 for children up to 11 & seniors; $2 for ages 12 & up. Call time: 6:30 p.m. Please come help set up the stage.
March 10th, Abravanel Hall.
- Load the Bus at ACYI: 10:45 a.m.
- Pick up other students in Farr West at the Melina's parking lot: 11:15 a.m.
- Arrive Abravanel Hall, Salt Lake City: 12:30 p.m.
- Please bring a sack lunch. Crossroads mall is closed and there are no nearby eating establishments. You may eat on the bus or outside when we arrive. We are not allowed to eat in Abravanel Hall.
- 1:00 to 2:30 p.m. Watch other orchestras perform.
- 2:30 p.m. We go to the Green Room to warm up.
- 3:00 p.m. We perform on stage.
- 3:30 p.m. We go up to the first tier for a picture. Bring $10 for an 8x10 picture; make checks out to Webster Photography.
- 4:00 p.m. Load the bus and head for home. We should leave Salt Lake by 4:30 p.m.
- 5:30 p.m. Arrive at Melina's parking lot, Farr West
- 6:00 p.m. Arrive at ACYI
- These times are always dependent on traffic and unforeseeable events, so we'll need to be flexible. Please have your parents come to pick you up a few minutes early just in case!
- There is room on the bus for cellos but not basses.
- This is not a "school excused absence" so we are leaving as late in the morning as possible so you won't miss too much school. If you need a letter to prove your proposed whereabouts, let me know.